Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket

Friday, October 26, 2012

Paper Plate Spiderwebs {Kid Craft}

Last week we had a Halloween Party for our squadron. Since I'm part of the spouses group, I signed up to help plan it. We had food, games, costumes, crafts, and fun decorations. Along with bringing food and decorating for the party I also signed up to do a craft with the kids. I came up with these paper plate spider webs and the kids loved them!

These are great for young kids, whether it's for a Halloween party, preschool craft, or just for fun this weekend with your kids.

Check out these other fun preschool crafts for kids!




Supplies needed:
paper plates (simple cheap ones work great)
scissors
hole punch
yarn
bobby pins
plastic spiders
tape
crayons and stickers for decoration

This is a simple but cute project that kids from age 2 to 9 enjoyed!

Prep your plates before hand by cutting a circle in the middle of the plate. I used a big stencil to trace my circle and then used scissors to cut out the middle. Around the inside circle punch 12-14 holes. 

To make the spiderweb tape a long piece of yarn to the back of the plate and tie a bobby pin to the other side. The bobby pin isn't necessary but it helps the kids be able to sew the yarn through the holes. Have the kids criss cross the yarn from one side of the plate to the other to create the spiderweb. 

When they are done cut the yarn and tape it to the back of the plate to finish. Let them color or decorate the plate. There weren't any halloween stickers on base this year so we just decorated ours with drawings with crayons. Lastly, glue (or in my case clip) your spiders onto your web and you're done. If you want you can punch a hole in the top and tie a piece of string through it to hang up the spiderwebs.

 Here are some of the kids at the party doing their spiderwebs.

 Ariana finishing up her spiderweb.

 Me and Ariana at the Halloween party. I was a witch (which the kids loved) and Ariana was Captain America's Daughter "American Dream".

I hope you enjoy making these spiderwebs with your kids!


Be sure to check out these other fun crafts for kids!




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I will show this to my brother. He is a big spider`s fan, so I`m sure he will love this :)

    ReplyDelete